Loss of Volume

Arlie D. Rauch adarpub@servco.com
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 20:02:47 -0700

"Acquit me of hidden faults" (King David of Israel)

A hidden fault can create a big problem.

A big THANK YOU to all who responded to my request for help.  The key was
indeed cracked right under the key button over the balance rail.  I had
even removed the key several times and not seen it.  It is repaired, and
the piano is working 100%.  It even sounds good.

It was a subtle crack.  If you took the key out, it seemed normal.  But if
you grabbed both ends, you could make it act like a hinge.  The key button
was 2/3 firmly attached but loose on one end.  It was enough to prevent the
action from following through.

I'm sure I will remember this repair the rest of my life, even if I never
run into the same condition again.

Again, thanks.  You saved the day for me, and the customer is delighted.

Arlie D. Rauch
Glendive, MT