Glides and after touch

Jim_Harvey@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com Jim_Harvey@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com
Thu, 07 Mar 1996 08:56:36 -0500 (EST)

I have done this... under duress, and knowing better. While working
for a large dealership (that was also paying my salary), I
occasionally had to do this when said dealer refused to buy
much-needed replacement hammers on trade-in pianos, and the existing
hammers were too short to permit regulation (proper or otherwise).

Note: this 'operation' was usually performed on the same pianos that
were painted white before being put on the sales floor.

Since the keyframe is "fixed" at the front by the key blocks, the
keyframe will pivot on the now taller glides and rise at the back.
While keyframe strength does enter the picture, both the strength of
and the amount of rise are governed by the dags. If excessive, either
the dag or a chunk of the keyframe will break off. Otherwise, the
limit indicator for this 'scab' operation will be a noticeable
increase in the amount of friction while shifting the action!

Jim Harvey, RPT