work serfaces

EugeniaCar@aol.com EugeniaCar@aol.com
Tue, 05 Mar 1996 23:27:25 -0500

Newton (and all).
The work station you are referring to was designed by Jim Ellis and the last
I heard is being sold by Paul Jansen. They are wonderful! I know, cause I
have two of them. My first was one of the first that Jim built; it is still a
joy to me and resides in my shop. I bought the second cause of the
improvement he made that allows it to be broken down and carried with one
hand. The second I bought from Paul a couple of years ago. Bill (Garlick)
uses the newer model. One correction, it is not for regulating. Jim has
always been emphatic about that point since the action dolly is on wheels and
therefore is not level. Its primary purpose is for easily moving the action
in and out of the piano. I admit I have used it to adjust one or two items,
but definitely not what I would consider to be regulating. I always use it
whenever I am doing an grand action regulation or working on dampers. Sure
beats lifting that action by itself.
Gina Carter