Newbie

GerryLisa@aol.com GerryLisa@aol.com
Tue, 05 Mar 1996 14:18:40 -0500

It sounds like you are selecting a tuner/technician on the basis of lowest
price, as opposed to ability. Kranich & Bach is a pretty wierd piano. (I am
refering to the older grands with the floppy keyframe.  Newer uprights were
made by Aeolian. I would not call them Buicks, maybe Edsel would be more app.
  It takes 5 to 10 years of serious piano work to be a competent T/T.  I
suggest that you part with a few hundred and have some voicing and regulation
done.  Find a member of the Piano Technicians Guild or someone who is
recommended by a few piano teachers.