Embarrassed Cat ! !

Jim_Harvey@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com Jim_Harvey@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com
Sun, 03 Mar 1996 08:54:56 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for this story, Sy!

As a cat "owner" who believes they should be part of the food chain, I
attempted to simulate this situation (in the best interest of my
clients with Kawai's and cats). I failed to gather sufficient data,
however, because my daughter (the real owner) heard the commotion and
released the cat before the test was completed.

I've also been hindered in similar tests. Instead of determining
whether cats could be flushed, I only found that they are highly
resistant to it.

Fred Odenheimer was once called for cat extraction from a grand.
Apparently the feline had gone in through the long side of the rim,
and found it to be a one-way street. His first directive was to the
client -- they had to leave. Fred was adamant about not traumatizing
the piano. He lowered tension on just enough strings for extract-a-cat
purposes. The operation was a success. The story has a happy ending.
The piano and the cat survived. The piano was stable after a few
tunings, but for a long while the cat still looked as if it had gone
through a cheese grater.

Jim Harvey -- 101 ways to skin a cat #79:
              DeWalt power sander w/40 grit paper"