Piano tech's tool cases

Wally Wilson UniversityofCharleston
Fri, 01 Mar 1996 22:41:18 -0400 (EDT)

At 12:19 PM 3/1/96 -0700, you wrote:
>     I am currently collecting information about tool cases for an
>upcoming article in the Piano Technicians's Journal.  I would greatly
>appreciate any input regarding sources for tool cases that are designed
>for piano technicians or ones that can be adapted that one might
>overlook.
>Dave Severance

Dave - I like the tool roll from Pianotek.  Hammer & tips & muting strips in
upper part, then 3 sections have many pockets to accomodate most things to
be encountered, so I can go in light.  Wife Kay, also a tech, sewed velcro
on so that it can be securely closed.  In car I have stringing kit (old
technicians case), main tool kit, etc.

Another neat addition was a multi-drawer fishing tackle box to accomodate
spare parts. (Kay found this too!) I've often admired the old wood
technicians cases that had drawers that swung out; this one's plastic.
Front cover & top cover too.  It's a plano 758. Walmart has them.  Looks
like a family-sized ice chest <g>

Kay also made a tool roll for a regulating kit.   AND her own glue pot...
What would she do without me?
Wally Wilson