Renner USA Responds / L. Meyer

Charles Ball ckball@mail.utexas.edu
Mon, 10 Jun 1996 20:38:20 -0500

At 01:46 PM 6/10/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Dear Pianotech Group:
>
>Some of you are aware that I do personally monitor this list as time allows and
>know that we take a very sincere interest in your concerns and do act on
many of
>your suggestions.  I do not respond directly because I don't want to take
>advantage of this forum in a commercial way.  I find the list an important
>source of product information and general feedback on how we're doing, however,
>and I appreciate the candor and professionalism most of you demonstrate.

Dear Lloyd,

Since I raised the question about the Parts Kit, I must say that I
appreciate your response and welcome information about your products and
services.  I know that you operate Renner USA as a business, but I cannot
help but view it as a service to the industry.

The parts and services that you have made widely availble have made life
palpably more professionally rewarding for many of us, especially those who
maintain finer grand pianos.  With your parts and the parts kit, we have
many more options than before.  For instance, superior replacement of
Steinway back actions was not really previously a ready option for us at the
University of Texas School of Music; now it is.

The parts kit is actually also an educational tool demonstrating
dramatically how small changes in action geometry can affect action performance.

And I feel that your prices are very reasonable, especially compared to what
I was paying several years ago when I had to order parts directly from
Germany and pay all the import costs.

I eagerly await the arrival of the revised kit.

Charles

Charles Ball
School of Music
University of Texas at Austin