Advertising?

Thomas D. Seay, III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Sun, 09 Jun 1996 13:34:37 -0500

>As far as advertising is concerned, it seems to be permitted on this list if
>piano-related and has a reasonable chance of being of interest to
>subscribers.

<<TEXT DELETED>>

 Keep in mind that we are all guests of BYU and they maintain this listserv
at their pleasure and not ours.

 I wonder that if we began advertising things for sale even on an
occasional basis, BYU might not take a long, hard look at whether it would
like to continue hosting this list for commercial purposes. So far that
hasn't happened and it's not likely to happen; however, it's something to
consider.

Furthermore, unless I'm mistaken, BYU set up this listserv with the
understanding that it was for Jack and Vince to be able to exchange
technical information with their colleagues. So far BYU has been very
generous in providing us a forum in which to exchange information and ideas
among subscribers.

Vince M.-Any comments?

Tom

Tom Seay