Master Piano Technicians of America

N&B Brickman nbb@us.net
Sun, 09 Jun 1996 12:22:34 -0400

>Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 22:02:19 -0400
>Sender: owner-ptg-l@prairienet.org
>From: Tunrboy@aol.com
>To: ptg-l@prairienet.org
>Subject: Re: Fundamentals
>
>Israel,
>
>A very erudite post!
>I just have one question:
>
>What can you tell me about the Master Piano Technicians of America?
>
>We have a rather surly individual here that advertises his membership in this
>organization and claims, "perfect tunings every time".  I had never heard of
>this group until his ad and now your post.  My initial impression was that it
>was something of his own invention, a surreal rip-off of the old round PTG
>logo.
>No one here advertises their guild membership (although that's about to
>change, I hope) and I am a little worried that following his ad with the PTG
>logo will confuse some potential customers and leave them with the impression
>that PTG is the lesser of two entities...
>Any and all tidbits of gossip are welcomed...
>
>Eric Leatha, RPT
>tunrboy@aol.com

Eric,
      Your note from the PTG listserver was forwarded to me, and I volunteered to
respond.  I'll also submit to the Pianotech listserver in case there is
similar interest there.
      MPT is an organization of piano technicians whose members cover about 35
states and Canada.  Our organization was formed in 1976, we currently have
208 members, and I publish our Journal 4 times a year.  We have one national
convention a year (this year it is in Meriden, Connecticut - July 11-13),
but of course local chapters meet on a regular basis.  Dues is 25 dollars a
year. We have one class of membership - member - no apprentices or students.
      You can get more information from me at nbb@us.net -- or from our
membership chairman, Joe Benvenuto, at Benny@worldnet.att.net or phone Joe
at 215.247.1747.
      Regards.