(Fwd) Re- Piano Rescalin

Ted_Sambell@BanffCentre.AB.CA Ted_Sambell@BanffCentre.AB.CA
Fri, 07 Jun 1996 10:37:15 -0600 (MDT)

                      RE>(Fwd) Re: Piano Rescaling Software        6/7/96
Rob,
We found that the slowest operation in measuring strings was the lengths
until we acquired a Starret digital tape measure. It can be set to metric
or English or to include the case width. You simply stretch it to the
speaking length (including the case width) and read the LCD. Best done with
two people. Denis and I can do a whole piano in fifteen minutes; it used to
take upwards of an hour. If you wanted to go the expensive route to measure
the diameters you could use one of the digital calipers  with  a printer
port and output to a portable printer. So far we have balked at this but
have thought about it.
Nice to be reading your posts!

Best wishes, Ted Sambell.