KEY RECOVERING TED

scott.e.johnson@24stex.com scott.e.johnson@24stex.com
Sun, 02 Jun 1996 09:06:19 -0800

-=> Quoting Ted@palmnet.net to Scott E Johnson <=-

 Te> I saw Yvonne Ashmore's ad in the May PT Journal.  I'd be happy to have
 Te> someone else do keytops for me.  It's not my favorite service. I have
 Te> a special shipping case for keys, but my question is:  Is it safe to
 Te> send them through either the mail or UPS?  What if they get lost
 Te> somewhere along the way?  That could be a major loss resulting in much
 Te> pain and suffering for me.  Even if they're insured they can't be
 Te> readily replaced.  Any ideas on this?

 Te> Ted Simmons

 I talked with Yvonne this morning and she suggested sending keys UPS and
 insuring them for $1200.00. She has never a had a lost set but the $1200
 would cover replacement if "heaven forbid" a set were ever lost. Keys are
 frequently shipped to her from as far away as Maine and Pennsylvania.
 By the way never ship grand keys on the keyframe or they will arrive with
 loose balance rail holes (pulley or chucking keys) from the vibration in
 transport.
Scott Johnson
scott.e.johnson@24stex.com