SATs

Keith A McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 10:26:44 -0500 (CDT)

Part of Eric Leatha's post:

>...Ask yourself this:  If piano tuning is not a frequency matching activity=
,
>what is it?
>
>Eric Leatha, RPT
>tunrboy@aol.com
>Portland, OR

I noticed your sign-off has changed.  Congratulations Eric, on becoming a RP=
T!

Regarding your question: Piano tuning is whatever someone makes it.  If the
intended goal is a relatively known standard, the method of arrival is just
a matter of choice.

The Olympics are an excellent example.  There are numerous atheletes in
each event.  For some reason some excel more than others.  Deciding on
one's abilitities, understanding one's limitations, choosing the necessary
tools, knowing the intended goal, etc. are what each of us do every day of
our lives to accomplish the particular tasks we face.

Getting the job done, satisfying the customer, receiving
renumeration...these items are the essential goals.  Oversimplication
maybe, however, I use the tools that achieve these ends, bring about the
most consistent results, and that don't drain my energies.  Maybe it isn't
apparent through E-mail, but if a tool doesn't meet up to its reported
expectations, it is trashed or replaced with one that does.

I guess what I am really saying is I don't like to work, but since I
haven't figured out how to avoid that prospect, I do the next best thing.
Purchase tools that do as much of the work as possible so I can relax while
I work.

Keith A. McGavern, RPT
kam544@ionet.net
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Oklahoma Baptist University
Shawnee, Oklahoma, USA
=A9 1996 by Keith A. McGavern
(No part of this post may be reproduced for use outside
pianotech@byu.edu without permission from the author)