SATs

Brent.Fischer@asu.edu Brent.Fischer@asu.edu
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 20:37:50 -0700

Dave,
   The two camps of thought on electronic aids are coming closer
to a truce as we head towards the future.  As  a former staunch
opponent to the SAT I now  see the advantages of having a machine in the
university arena and I plan to have one.  This may shock Jim Coleman Sr.
but at age fourty it is wise to consider getting all the help possible.

However, as a C&A technician for S&S I find it is not an acceptable
device to use for concert work for two very good reasons. One, the
majority of Steinway artists feel very uncomfortable meeting the
technician who is using a electronic aid and secondly the best
machines have not proven they can measure the most important aspect
of fine tuning, perception.

Brent Fischer, Arizona State University

Brent.Fischer@ASU.EDU
Arizona State University/Tempe