Use of SAT on spinet

Pianotoone@aol.com Pianotoone@aol.com
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 15:00:45 -0400

Another great use for the SAT.  Buy the magnetic pickup!!  Yesterday I tuned
a piano in a mental hospital day room (Yes, they did let me out).. The TV was
playing RAP music and most of the patients were talking to their own private
demons.  The magnetic pickup eliminated most of the noise.  So after
measuring with the SAT F-A-C method, I tuned the piano.  I did try to clean
up octaves after I finished with the SAT.  I have been an aural tuner for 10
years, but the SAT has saved my A-- more than once.

Regards to all

Dick Day
Marshall MI