SATs

Jim pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 10:11:35 -0700 (mst)

Dear Dave:

In your recent post you mentioned that when you lose you hearing you will
not be able to tune with the machine.

I'm 70 now and already I can adequately hear only 3 notes above C88.
My friend George Defebaugh was losing it even more, so that he would state
in our classes that if he didn't have the machine, he would not be
able to tune anymore at age 73.  If you should start losing some hearing
ability, you will find that the machine will carry you thru very well,
now that you already know how to use it.  The filter system keeps you from
getting a good reading unless you are in the ballpark while tuning in
the high treble.  However, if one has extreme low frequency hearing loss,
it could be very confusing, since it would be difficult to tell which
partial the machine is listening to.

For aural tuners, there is also help besides hearing aids.  For those
interested, please send me a query.

Jim Coleman, Sr. (AZ)