Huh??

Rob Kiddell atonal@planet.eon.net
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 08:05:14 +0000

Regarding this aural/machine tuning thing...

My wife came up with a great suggestion (at least I think so...)

Like driver's licences, tuners should carry tuning licences. You
receive your licence by passing the aural tuning exam, and if you use
a machine, you have an attachment to your tuning licence, much like
the attachment you need if you wear glasses on your regular driver's
licence. Maybe you can have different classes of licences, ie:
Class 1: all stringed instruments
Class 2: regular verticals and grands
Class 3 : harpsichords, pianofortes
Class 4: spinets and consoles
Class 5: learner's permit, requires an RPT present...

8-)  happy Tuesday

Rob Kiddell
C.A.P.T. Student
P.T.G. Associate