Accu-True or False

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Sat, 27 Jul 1996 14:20:52 -0400

Jim C. Sr. & List;
"Virgil contends that the ears which God has given us are marvelous and are
able to take all of the partials of a note and mold them into a single
sound."
Jim B. --I agree with Virgil on this.

"which gives one more accuracy in tuning because there is more information
available."
Jim B.-- I don't agree with Virgil on this.

"I contend that the machine expertly used can produce more consistent
results."
Jim B.---I agree with Jim C. Sr. on this.

Do consistency and accuracy mean the same thing, i.e. is a more consistent
tuning also a more accurate tuning? Are these terms mutually exclusive?
Can/is a tuning that is the most consistent (equal temperament) also be the
more pleasing to the ear?

Does this mean I am indecisive? I can't decide.

The highlight of my Convention was the chance to meet Jim Coleman Sr. and
have several conversations with him and discover for myself that everyones
good opinion of him is well deserved.  I also had a chance to meet
Virgil,first time, and have a long converstaion with him and the subject of
the tune off came up. He is looking forward to it as much as Jim Sr. is. Wish
I could be there.
Jim Bryant (FL)