PVC-E Glue

RndyPotter@aol.com RndyPotter@aol.com
Wed, 24 Jul 1996 12:41:12 -0400

Regarding PVC-E glue, someone asked;

>Is the PVCE glue that you can get from hardware store?

If I recollect correct, the first one to pioneer PVC-E in our profession was
Raye McCall of Pomona, CA. At least, I had never heard of it, nor seen it,
nor was anyone else carrying it when Raye first began demonstrating, and
selling, it.
Raye was a piano technician, player rebuilder and nationally- known
instructor par excellance who thought up, tested and proved many new
innovations in our industry, including several types of lubricants, epoxies
and a few tools. He started marketing these products through his company,
McCall Piano Service.
After Raye's death a few back, his wife, Ruthie, whom we have all known and
loved for many years, continued providing these products throught the
mail-order service they had been operating together for many years.
In fact, she is also a regular attender at the PTG Annual Convention, and was
there in the exhibit hall displaying, demonstrating and selling stuff again
this year. She is well and doing fine. (Trivia Question: Where is the ONLY
place we can by read-made, VJ Lube in a small container, i.e. a 35mm film
canister? Three guesses, and the first two don't count.)
A couple years ago she moved to Columbus, Ohio, to be near their daughter and
grandchildren. To get the current catalog, or order products, she can be
contacted at:

McCall Piano Service
Ruthie McCall
6187 Bellmeadow Drive, Columbus, OH  43229
(614)  898-9497