Horugel parts

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 23:51:58 +0000

> Date:          Fri, 19 Jul 1996 23:14:43 -0400 (EDT)
> From:          Jim Kinnear <jkinnear@blue.georgian.net>
> Subject:       Re: Horugel parts
> To:            pianotech@byu.edu

> Hi Guys ( and gals...)
> If I may be so bold, Larry Fine, in his Piano Book, yellow version, pg 113,
> states "Horugel... name formerly used on pianos made by Samick and imported to
> the US.  Name withdrawn from use, possibly because pianos were a disaster"
> When I ran a piano store in the late 70's, the name Horugel was also pronounced
> 'horrible'. Try Samick for some parts....they may have compatible hardware.
> One day I'll get to a convention too...... ( sigh)
> regards
> Jim
>

> 		         Jim Kinnear, I.P.T.
> 		       KINNEAR PIANO SERVICES
> 		      Collingwood, Ont, Canada
> 		    EMAIL: jkinnear@georgian.net
> 		 HTTP://WWW.GEORGIAN.NET/~JKINNEAR

List,

I have to reply to the previous post.  Many years ago...10?...I
tuned a piano...Horegul...I happen to have many action problems
and at some moment when the action was removed I noticed a
strip of loose material from the belly area.  It was a strip of
quarter/sawn spruce covering (fake) that was covering a plywood
soundboard.  Need I say more!!!!!

David ilvedson, RPT
in my former net life i was pnotuner@gnn.com