Telling plastique keytops where to stick it

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Wed, 17 Jul 1996 12:39:44 +0000

> Date:          Sat, 03 Aug 1996 07:33:00 +0000
> From:          Rob Kiddell <atonal@planet.eon.net>
> Subject:       Re: Telling plastique keytops where to stick it
> To:            pianotech@byu.edu

> Larry,
>
> Regarding spreading PVC glue on your keys, I've found an old mustard
> squirt bottle (cleaned, of course) allows you to get the glue on the
> keys, not on your hands. O.K., ketchup bottles work too.
>
> 8-)  Rob
> Rob Kiddell
> C.A.P.T. Student
> P.T.G. Associate
> Edmonton, Canada
> http://www.planet.eon.net/~atonal/atonal.html

Bill Spurlock has an article on plastic keytop replacement in
the Journal.  It is also in the Repairs collection of Keys, etc.
He clamps all the keys together on the workbench and rolls on
the glue with a paint roller.  One of the small ones.  He uses a
water based 3m contact cement which is very thin.  Rolling it on insures
an even distribution.  Check out the article.  If you folks
don't have the "Journal Article Reprints" series you are missing a
lot of great info on various subjects reprinted from the
Journal.

David ilvedson, RPT
in my former net life i was pnotuner@gnn.com