Convention....

Ron Torrella torrella@umich.edu
Tue, 16 Jul 1996 10:16:49 -0400 (EDT)

Apologies, first of all, for the "cross-posting."  There are folks on
both lists who aren't on both....

I hope to have a terminal set up at the convention to show off the Piano
Page to those who haven't seen it in its entirety.  If you haven't see
the Page, it's a "must see."  (I'm not bragging....Ron Berry has done
*far* more work on it!)  This may not be a "live" shot of the Page -- it
depends on when and where a phone plug is available -- but the only thing
missing would be the links to other pages.

Also, the desktop computer I hope to set up at the convention is *for
sale*.  It's a PC-clone with the following innards:

486-88MHz motherboard, 8MB RAM, 540MB Harddrive, 3.5" & 5.25" internal
floppy drives, 14,400baud internal fax/modem, 14" SVGA moniter, mouse & pad,
102-key keyboard.  And a *ton* of software (including Windows95,
MSOffice, WordPerfect 6.1 for Windows, Netscape Navigator Gold v2.01, a
host of communications clients, etc.).  It's a fully loaded machine.  All
it lacks is a CD-ROM and speakers -- which can be added cheaply these
days.  The memory is expandable (to 32MB, I think).  I'm looking to get
out of this machine what I've put into it -- yup, built it myself --
which is about $850.  (Of course, I'll be happy to take a little more for
the time and effort I've put into it...so it'll go to the best offer.)
Oh yeah, free technical support.

This computer will be useful to someone.  Right now it sits idle in my
office when it's not being "farmed out."

(Hope I don't get flamed for advertising.....)

See you at Dearborn!

Ron Torrella				Check out The Piano Page at:
Asst. Piano Technician	      http://www.prairienet.org/arts/ptg/homepage.html
University of Michigan  	Provided in cooperation with Prairienet.