Ivory Repair

S. Brady sbrady@u.washington.edu
Tue, 09 Jul 1996 22:12:39 -0700 (PDT)

John,
	I've continued to experiment with different resins, but still
haven't found one that creates a completely invisible repair. I haven't
tried the coloring kit yet (I agree, $170=ouch!), but I may spring for it
eventually if I can be convinced that it will do the trick.

Steve

On Mon, 8 Jul 1996 jpiesik@arinc.com wrote:

>     I have repaired numerous chipped ivories with the dental light-cure
>     system.  Steve Brady turned me on to this method (see the July 1995
>     edition of the Journal).  This procedure is quick, clean, and strong!
>     It costs a bit to get set up, initially, but the results are worth it.
>
>     The only drawback is that the cured resin/putty is more translucent than
>     the surrounding ivory (teeth are naturally translucent, more so than
>     ivory).  The results are beautiful, but not quite perfect (know what I
>     mean, Vern?).
>
>     My dentist has shown me a coloring kit ($170 - ouch!) that can be used
>     to color match with this method.  Has anyone used this method and been
>     able to obtain the opaqueness/color of the surrounding ivory?  Steve,
>     are you out there?
>
>     John Piesik
>     San Diego Chapter PTG
>     JPIESIK@ARINC.COM

Steve Brady, RPT		"Chaos is the law of nature; order is the
University of Washington	dream of man."	--Henry Adams
sbrady@u.washington.edu