Ivory Repair

jpiesik@arinc.com jpiesik@arinc.com
Mon, 08 Jul 1996 17:21:07 -0400

    I have repaired numerous chipped ivories with the dental light-cure
    system.  Steve Brady turned me on to this method (see the July 1995
    edition of the Journal).  This procedure is quick, clean, and strong!
    It costs a bit to get set up, initially, but the results are worth it.

    The only drawback is that the cured resin/putty is more translucent than
    the surrounding ivory (teeth are naturally translucent, more so than
    ivory).  The results are beautiful, but not quite perfect (know what I
    mean, Vern?).

    My dentist has shown me a coloring kit ($170 - ouch!) that can be used
    to color match with this method.  Has anyone used this method and been
    able to obtain the opaqueness/color of the surrounding ivory?  Steve,
    are you out there?

    John Piesik
    San Diego Chapter PTG
    JPIESIK@ARINC.COM