PVC-E Glue

Thomas D. Seay, III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Mon, 08 Jul 1996 11:22:24 -0500

>I also use PVCE glue and have for the last couple of years (3-4 anyway) and
>have been quite pleased with the results.

<<TEXT DELETED>>

Larry Fisher RPT

I would like to second Larry's endorsement of PVC-E glue. I've been using
it for quite some time now, but not just for keytops. This glue works well
for gluing on damper felts, keybed cloths, damper up-stop felt, etc. I have
also used it for rebushing keys, although hot hide glue is probably a
better choice for this particular job (PVC-E does work well, though).

I'm currently experimenting with PVA glue, with an eye towards using it for
hammer work. It sure does make a nice glue collar. Has anyone tried using
this glue for hammers?

I wonder if people who hang hammers in piano factories consider themselves
to be "Glue-collar" workers?

Tom Seay, RPT

Tom Seay
t.seay@mail.utexas.edu