Benches

McNeilTom@aol.com McNeilTom@aol.com
Mon, 08 Jul 1996 10:58:40 -0400

To Ron Shiflet, Steve Brady, Steve Cunningham, Ben Treuhaft, and list -

Thanks, all, for your info on benches.  I've called Jansen for a fresh
catalog at (800) BENCHES.  (They will be exhibiting at Dearborn, too).

I've done lots of business with Paul & Bill Jansen over the years, and agree
with you about their adjustable benches being the best.  Don't know why I
hadn't thought of them for conventional benches.  Jansen has done two custom
jobs for me, as well as supplying many standard items.  One was making a duet
adjustable bench to match the finish on a high-gloss mahogany Weinbach grand.
 I sent them the keyslip for a sample of the finish.  (Couldn't send the
end-blocks, since they were contrasting ebony finish on this model.)  The new
bench was a fine match.  The other project was to build an adjustable bench,
based on their standard model, but with legs 3 or 4 inches taller - for a
choir director who had become used to sitting on a certain pile of hymnals on
a conventional bench!

Thanks!

 -      Tom McNeil, RPT      -
Vermont Piano Restorations