Re; Carpeted Vibrations

Almida@aol.com Almida@aol.com
Sat, 06 Jul 1996 23:33:44 -0400

Newton writes:

>There is a technology available now where the hall is carefully measured, a
>computer designed set of speakers and micorphones installed and computer
>controlled eq and amplification control system installed that completely
>eleminates areas of harshness, standing waves, weak areas and dead spots.
 This
>system is not cheap but I have heard that it works wonderfully.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the system your describing is called Simm.
 Meyer Sound in Berkely Ca developed this technology and it is used all over
the world.  You are correct in your description.  Simm corrects the room by
using computer analysis and very high quality eq and speaker systems.  A lot
of broadway theaters use it as well as clubs and touring bands.  I think you
can hire consultants with the system to correct your room.

I can get anyone who is interested in more info in touch with someone who
knows a lot more about this than I do.

Mitch