Hammer Jigs

Horizons Group horizons@handel.jlc.net
Fri, 05 Jul 1996 10:43:59 +0000

John;

I've used the Jaras jig for a while, now. It seems to be a bit
complicated, particularly when using the attachment which aligns the
strike point of each hammer (to use this you must draw a center line
on devery hammer!). What I do use is the two rails which align the
tails and the shoulders of the hammers - which effectively lines up
the strike points. The other thing I do is to use a small machinists
try square to set the hammers perpendicular to the hammer flange
rail. I guess that the above makes the Jaras jig work just like
Bill's jig.

Doug Kirkwood, RPT
NH Chapter, PTG