rolls

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Thu, 04 Jul 1996 21:40:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Greg. If you don't know about the Player Piano Company in Wichita,
Kansas, you should! They have been the premier player piano supply company
for decades and carry rebuilding supplies, rolls, books, suction boxes and
just about anything else you can think of relating to player pianos. Their
catalog is free for ther asking and they take credit card orders over the
phone (or by mail). They also ship promptly. Although they sell several
individual suction boxes, I recommend their #2800 "Full Automation Kit",
which includes variable suction controls for play and rewind, a check valve
so that you can still foot-pump the player if you like, automatic reroll
at the end of the roll and automatic shut-off at the end of reroll. In other
words, you put a roll in the spoolbox and hit the switch and the roll plays
itself, rerolls itself and then shuts itself off at the end of reroll all
automatically. You don't even have to stay in the same room once you've turn-
ed it on! IMHO, it's the only way to go! They include complete installation
instructions and, if you have a problem, you can always give them a call for
help. Their phone number is (316) 263-3241. Their address is:

			Player Piano Company
			704 East Douglas
			Wichita, Kansas 67202

If you're going to be doing player pianos, you need a copy of their catalog.
PPC also sells rolls, but if your client gets a copy of their catalog, then
she'll know how much you paid for the automation kit you installed for her
and you probably DON"T want her to know your mark-up and how much you charged
for installation. She can order rolls direct from QRS music rolls in Buffalo,
NY.  Their address is 1026 Niagara Street, Buffalo, NY 14213. Their phone
number is (716) 885-4600. They're open from 10 AM to 4 PM Mon-Fri. Their
catalog is free for the asking. They, too, accept credit card orders. I hope
this helps.

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net