Re; Carpeted Vibrations <"Re: Re; Carpeted Vibrations"@niflheim.rutgers.edu> (Jun 28, 7:07pm)

Newton Hunt nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu
Thu, 04 Jul 1996 01:08:11 -0400

There is a technology available now where the hall is carefully measured, a
computer designed set of speakers and micorphones installed and computer
controlled eq and amplification control system installed that completely
eleminates areas of harshness, standing waves, weak areas and dead spots.  This
system is not cheap but I have heard that it works wonderfully.

This is not an amplification system but an acustical correction system that
once installed and calibrated it needs no further human intervantion except to
turn it on and off.

The archetect of our concert hall had his intelligence up his disposition and
we have been suffering and spending ever since.  There are some very nice sweet
spots that help solo piano lots except few players like to sit that far forward
of the stage.

	Newton
	nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu