Watch That Laptop

Ron Berry ronberry@iquest.net
Mon, 01 Jul 1996 10:29:23 -0500

The Federal Aviation Administration warns of an airport scheme to
steal laptop computers.

Two thieves line up at the metal detector in front of the passenger
with a laptop.  When the computer is placed on the conveyor belt the
first thief goes through the detector without a problem, but the
second sets off the detector and slowly removes items from his
pockets.

While the computer owner waits to enter the detector, the first thief
walks away with the laptop.

- from a column by David Mannweiler, Travel Editor, Indianapolis Star

Since our convention is coming up and some of our folks will be
flying with laptop computers I thought this item might be timely.

Ron
Ron Berry, RPT, Indianapolis, IN
ronberry@iquest.net
check out the Piano Page at: