plastic breakage

Don Rose drose@sask.maple.net
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 22:30:39 -0800

Hi All,

I have just found my first metal pedal rod from a Steigerman WG-5 (read Samick 48" upright),
where the plastic ends have deteriorated to the point of fracture (I think Depalmerization is
doing its thing). I wondered if this is going to be a trend for the
future. This instrument is just over ten years old and is in a High School Music Room. It is
kept locked and is used mainly for accompaniment of choirs.

As one might expect, the dampher pedal rod has failed first, but I see deterioration on the
other rod, too.

I am considering laying in a supply of wooden dowling. The wood may warp but it does last a long
time.

Regards, Don Rose drose@sask.maple.net