Teacher's piano problem

Bbarasa@aol.com Bbarasa@aol.com
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 09:18:14 -0500

I have had similar problems.  In one case an "outer space noise" that would
start a few seconds after striking a certain note.  I kept playing the note
while pressing against various "attachments" to the piano -- anything that
was screwed on -- and ... success!! It was loose screws on the metal thingy
that holds the lid prop in place on the lid.  (That's a technical term.)  I
tightened the screws and no more Theremin sounds.  Of course, it would be a
good idea to check ALL the screws!

I imagine it could also be something on the soundboard or keybed or just
about anywhere.  It doesn't even have to be on or in the piano ... it can be
on the wall nearby.  Some kind of sympathetic vibration.

That's my best guess, but there are others who are MUCH more experienced on
the list.

Barb Barasa