Kimball is gone! Now what?

Don Rose drose@sask.maple.net
Mon, 26 Feb 1996 17:37:03 -0800

Hi All,

>ferred to by the name of a Chinese boat: junk. Kimball may be gone, but
>it's reputation lives on. Why would any dealer want to stock a piano similar
>in quality to a Kimball?
>
>Les Smith
>lessmith@buffnet.net
>

>..then Don Rose said:
>
>So what is wrong with the Vienese edition Grand piano. If you compare it with
>out inexpensive grands it is very competitive.
>

>my reply:  Nothing, if you don't mind a piano that sounds and plays like
>these do.
>I got to go with Les on this one. I won't work  on them,either.

>Paul Dempsey
>Marshall University
>wippen@aol.com

Of all the Grand pianos in Regina that I personally work on the Vienese edition Grand is not
the best, but it is certainly better than any of the Howard line, better than any Samick, better
than a Yamah G1 or GH1. It is certainly better than a Steinway "A
" which needs a total rebuild--new soundboard, new action--like save the plate and wooden frame
and junk the rest.

Regards, Don Rose drose@sask.maple.net