Once upon a Kimball time

FREDIEBOY@aol.com FREDIEBOY@aol.com
Sat, 24 Feb 1996 18:16:29 -0500

Once upon a time many years ago there was a good piano that was made in a
good little piano factory. Its name was Kimball. Then one day a big bad
company by the name of Jasper gobbled up the good little company and
destroyed it. For a while tried selling it with out any bridal tapes. But the
little spinet refused to work so they were forced to put the tapes back. Then
they took the hardwood case and replaced it with a fiberboard case.
Next off came the solid brass pedals and replaced with plated ones. etc. etc.
When Jasper first took over they were giving away their pianos on game shows.
It was getting so I refused to raise the pitch on a Jasper even 3 cents. The
damn strings would always break. Further the screws that held in the action
were always bent because they put them in with a power tool that no mortal
man could unscrew. The crowning glory of the Jasper line was their 4"7" La
Petit. A real piece of junk. I personally have never met a technician who
liked the Jasper. What technician in there right mind would enjoy tooning one
of those Junkers. What person who owners a Jasper enjoys constantly paying
for strings and repairs. I make no apologies for my feelings of the Jasper. I
feel they did a disservice to the piano buying public. .....I never tell a
customer Their piano is junk. I say It is old, It is tired, It is
enexpensive, It has been abused. But never would I insult a customer. But it
does not change a pigs ear into a silk purse.   fred weinstein (fredieboy)