:Scraping Hamilton jacks/butts

Rick.Florence@ASU.Edu Rick.Florence@ASU.Edu
Mon, 19 Feb 1996 16:01:28 -0700

>Wow! Man, you are fast! Do you do these by E-mail? You could subcontract
>them by the thousand, make a good living, and still feed technicians all
>around the country. How about the necessary action regulation afterward?
>Also, the last set of Baldwin supplied replacements I saw seemed to be a
>more sophisticated artificial leather than what was on there originally, but
>an artificial nontheless. That was six or seven years ago so I don't have
>any idea what you'll get now. 2-3 hours... mutter mutter
>
> Ron Nossaman

Ron,

The 2-3 hours does not include time in the home.  Only time at the bench
doing the actual parts replacement.

        1/2 hour removing butts
        3/4 hour removing the corfam (steam is a wonderful thing)
        3/4 hour replacing with buckskin
        1/2 hour replacing butts

I have no idea what Baldwin has been sending out lately.  I have not done a
set for about three years now.

----
Rick Florence, Piano Technician
 Arizona State University School of Music
 Rick.Florence@ASU.Edu