Hey Soundboard Installers

TLGreene@aol.com TLGreene@aol.com
Sat, 17 Feb 1996 14:52:08 -0500

What is the optimum moistjure content of the raw board before mounting into
the rim....4%....6%emc.....????  If it is lower, how does one measure the
content.  Most meters I have checked only measure down to 6%.  Or is it that
the board just needs to sit in my shop for a year or so.  I am scheduled to
put a new board into an old Mason Hamlin 5'6" this spring so any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.  And yes, I am going to the PA State Convention
class offered on soundboard building, maybe that will help also.

Thanks.

Terry Greene RPT