Knocking keyframe

ATodd@UH.EDU ATodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 19:10:30 -0600 (CST)

To all,
   Thanks to all of you who responded. One thing I think I forgot to mention
in my original post was the the shim at the from of the key block has already
been removed by someone prior to me. The brass guide plate cannot be moved
down any because of the screw holes locating it. It isn't adjustable.
   So as soon as I can get into the hall long enough, I think I'm going to
follow some advice (or a combination of same) I got and sand down the bottom
of the key block a little, plug the holes and reposition the guide plate a
little lower. With a little trial and error on the sanding part I hope to
get it a "little" too low so I can reinstall some shims at the front of the
block. That will give me a little "wiggle" room down the road if I should
need it.
   Another fix I'm considering is to buy the adjustable nylon (or whatever)
guide plates that Yamaha has and, with a little woodwork, install them as
replacements.
   A private post suggested some other possibilities that I want to study
some.
   Thanks again for your help.

Avery Todd, RPT
University of Houston
atodd@uh.edu

P.S. I just finished tuning the Hamburg for a Senior piano recital tonight,
     and so far, my "desperation" fix of a few days ago is still working fine.