BPS

ATodd@UH.EDU ATodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 08:35:26 -0600 (CST)

Colette,
   I wonder if the same thing could happen in a university situation where
everything goes through the main campus system?

RE: I was sending a message to my "out"
basket when the power flickered off, then on.  It was the wrong psychological
moment, as they say--in the middle of an application.  Restoring backups don't
work if the file is corrupt.  I couldn't retrieve messages, file retrieved
messages, and nearly lost my entire file cabinet and address book.

   In a university of this size, a lot of stuff could be lost. Surely they
have something like you mentioned.

Avery