BPS

Colette Collier 73023.1551@compuserve.com
Thu, 15 Feb 1996 22:11:35 -0500 (EST)

Hello, all!

For any of you who have been thinking they should consider a BPS (backup power
supply), I'd like to highly recommend you get one before you duplicate my
experience of the past 10 or so days.  I was sending a message to my "out"
basket when the power flickered off, then on.  It was the wrong psychological
moment, as they say--in the middle of an application.  Restoring backups don't
work if the file is corrupt.  I couldn't retrieve messages, file retrieved
messages, and nearly lost my entire file cabinet and address book.  I am back on
line, with backup power protection so that this shouldn't be a problem again.

Take it from one who now knows.  It ain't just doing backups--

Colette