Help, URGENT!

Bbarasa@aol.com Bbarasa@aol.com
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 23:45:50 -0500

In a message dated 96-02-13 23:34:30 EST, Laurence Beach wrote:

>I have just encountered my first piano with a cracked plate.  My
>questions are 1) just how dangerous is this (the piano is still under
>tenstion, but has not been tuned for awhile or has not been able to hold
>pitch); 2) what should I do; 3) is there any viable repair; and 4) the
>piano is a Schnabel, so is it at all reasonable to search for a
>replacement plate?

I recall that giant catapult that made a guest appearance on Northern
Exposure years ago (right in your neck of the woods).  I first heard about it
on NPR.  The guys who built it for fun and entertainment used it to lob large
objects off into a canyon or something.  Their most fun application was in
heaving old pianos into the air.  I think they made quite a lovely sound when
they landed.  "Prepared piano."

Look them up!

Barb Barasa
Sycamore IL