Boston upright pianos

RndyPotter@aol.com RndyPotter@aol.com
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 23:03:45 -0500

>Stony Brook has had an infusion of funds to buy some pianos. Does anyone
>have first hand experience with the Boston uprights. The students tend to
beat
>pianos to death here and the climate is not so hot either. I'm wondering how

>the pianos will hold up.
>
>Thanks
>
>Joe

I saw, and played, a number of Boston uprights at Aspen this last summer.
They played well, sounded excellent, even though they had been beat on six to
eight hours a day for about ten weeks prior to my arrival. Those playing them
thought they were great, and much to be desired over some of what they had in
previous years.

They did, of course, receive excellent service during that time, thanks to
Bob Shoffner and his crew of technicians.

Randy Potter, R.P.T.