variable humidistats

PIANOBIZ@aol.com PIANOBIZ@aol.com
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 13:25:23 -0500

> We supply a wet humidistat calibrated 6% (48% RH
>average) higher than standard and a dry humidistat 4% (38% RH average) lower
>than standard.

Bob
Please explain why you would want to change the settings from what we have
agreed is ideal --42% RH ?  I can't imagine such an event.  Help me figure
out the proper usage of these concepts/products.  Is it to compensate for the
system not being able (strong enough),  to bring the piano to the ideal
settings?  If we emphasize consistent year 'round humidity aren't we making
plus or minus 4% rather insignificant?  What's the point?  The new advantage?

David Sanderson
Littleton, MA
Pianobiz@aol.com