Accu-Tuner problems

Clark A. Foerster cfoerst@cello.gina.calstate.edu
Sun, Feb 11, 1996 7:28 AM

In message Keith A. McGavern writes:

> >--Wouldn't it be useful to be able to program the MEMORY MODE to step
> >through the notes of the piano in the order of your favorite
> >temperament sequence, instead of limiting you to the ascending or
> >descending chromatic scale?  This would greatly facilitate the
> >integration of aural and visual tuning techniques.

I talked to Al Sanderson about this and other ideas (such as having each note
automatically step up/down to the note you tuning when the SAT hears a
frequency within a certain user chosen cent range mitigating any need to
manually touch the SAT as you tune) about four years ago.  He was interested
but concerned that it might complicate the use of the SAT for the general user.
I had the impression that if enough of us spoke to him about our desire to have
these features implimented he would seriously consider it.

Clark Foerster