Convertible flashlight (was: Yamaha flanges)

Jim_Harvey@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com Jim_Harvey@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com
Sat, 10 Feb 1996 09:51:19 -0500 (EST)

[Keith McGavern said...]
Jim, You don't happen to remember where you purchased this item, do
you?  How about the name at your convenience, too.
[end]

My apologies. That description was entirely from memory!. Not to take
anything away from what was written (repeated below separator), but I
found the information card for the light and see where I made a few
mistakes.

- Name: TopSpot II by Streamlight

- 'effective halogen beam' should read tiny but effective *Krypton*
bulb.

- The 'up or down' adjustment is *independent* of where it sits on
your head.

Additional hype from the card...
---------
"You have in your hands, and maybe soon around your head, the world's
first convertible flashlight/headlamp. With rugged features and
bright, long-running candlepower [what?], TopSpot II makes it easy to
see almost anything - on the job, in the field, under the hood, or
even at home."
---------

I'm glad I didn't write that! Of other significance is: "runs more
than 4.5 hours on a fresh set of four (4) AA akalines." Also, a spare
bulb is hidden inside one of the battery compartments. The bulbs have
a life expectancy of 7.5 hours. I don't know about replacements, since
the original has yet to expire. (I've never seen a flashlight bulb
quite this small.)

Almost forgot again! The device came from WalMart. In this case, it
was found blister-packed on an end cap in the automotive department.
But since our local WalMart marches to a different drummer...?

Jim Harvey/RPT