Yamaha replacement flanges

FirTree@aol.com FirTree@aol.com
Sat, 10 Feb 1996 02:19:31 -0500

I recently replaced a set of flanges for a lady who had lived in Florida. Out
of the old set, only half a dozen cords were NOT broken.

I didn't really consider repairing the flanges to be a good option. I have
learned to value my time (for the wife, kids, fresh air) more than saving a
couple of bucks by repairing parts I can buy for cheap anyway.

Yamaha was very aware of the problem, mentioned humidity as a possible
factor. BTW, the cost for the flange set, shipped direct from Yamaha, was in
the $20 range, not $75. Kinda changes the equation, doesn't it?

Dave Stocker, RPT
Tumwater, WA
firtree@aol.com

P.S. The flooding is pretty incredible in spots. Weather looks to be sunny
for a week, everything should dry out quicker. I'm waiting for the first
insurance call on a piano to come through. Lessee, first you hose off two
inches of silt, then dry out the felt ....