Protek

Yardbird47@aol.com Yardbird47@aol.com
Thu, 08 Feb 1996 23:57:05 -0500

Fred Scoles rote, 2/8:
<<After Desert Storm Gulf War, a Marine who fought in the war spotted a
bottle of Protek CPL on my desk.  He said that's what he and some other
Marines used to keep their handguns and rifles firing, because the standard
lubricants all attracted dust, sand, and eventually locked or siezed the
firing mechanisms.  He didn't remember how they got the CPL over there; but
it worked.>>

And here I thought Joe Vitti had gone through two bushels of vintage and
gunked Steinway parts to scrape up a 1/4 tsp of vertigris, for anaylsis by
his friend over in the Stoney Brook chem dept, so that they could formulate
the solvent specifically for us. Pop! goes another myth.

Please, Joe, say it aint so.....

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapt.

"You'll make more money selling my advice than following it" Steve Forbes,
quoting his father, Malcom.