Tuning machines & RPT exam

allen@pengar.com allen@pengar.com
Thu, 08 Feb 1996 20:37:56 +0000

>  With the Macintosh version of TM, I use Chameleon 2 to
> record the piano using digital audio, and the calculate a great custom
> tuning for transfer to the SAT.  Chameleon is called that since the user
> can decide the tuning "color" or octave stretch.  (Chameleon 2 passed the
> RPT exam at 100% several times!)

Anybody know if the Yamaha PT100 has ever been given the RPT exam?
I set my PT100 to the scale nearest the piano I'm going to tune, and then
per Reblitz, I adjust the width of the temperament octave such that
the width is defined as the spacing from the first partial of F3 to the
second partial of F3.  I'm curious how well this scheme would do on
the exam.

/Allen
http://www.xmission.com/~pengar/allen/
      Book: "The Immortality & Eternal Life of Man"
      Essays on parenting skills, perfection, church goals, abortion,
         church callings, Eph. 2:8-9