More on Samick

AKarab@aol.com AKarab@aol.com
Thu, 08 Feb 1996 18:00:22 -0500

Stan Kroeker wrote:

> Feel free to take the following with a grain of salt but
>>throughout 15 years of distribution of Samick pianos in Canada, the
>>percentage of warranty claims remained in the low single digits.  Reliable
>>industry insiders confirmed that this figure was roughly equivalent to
>>warranty claims of other major manufacturers/distributors.

We have read about the company in CA involved in a lawsuit with Samick that
did not pass on warranty claims to Samick by arrangement, and I understand
that Sherman Clay handles their own Kohler & Campbell claims up to a certain
dollar amount cap.  Unless Samick reports the localized "self-coverage"
claims, it is bound to affect the stats, yes?

Audrey Karabinus,   Seattle