No subject

AKarab@aol.com AKarab@aol.com
Thu, 08 Feb 1996 17:22:56 -0500

l review

After reading many on-line comments as well as the journal tidbit about these
heat tools, and calling Jensen *twice* (800 426-1194), I got a catalogue, and
lo and behold they have a new item that competes with the Ultratorch UT 100Si
(stands for self-igniting, but means push button ignition).  The Ultratorch
is now priced at 103. (item #10B400),  and the metal carrying case for it is
17.75 (item # 10B040).

The Weller Portasol PSI 100K has very similar function.  The ignition is a
slide-click button instead of push button, but same effect of being able to
light up with one hand.  It sells for 82.00 (item # 60B200) and comes in a
plastic carrying case.

I ordered both to feel them in my hands before deciding, although if you
intend to return one you cannot have filled it with butane, that would be
shipping a hazardous substance, so I had to *pretend* use them, which was
easy enough.  The Ultratorch is a longer, more slender and better balanced
tool.  The metal box, IMHO, is a little goofy.  I sent the Portasol back
along with the box made for the ultratorch.

Audrey Karabinus,   Seattle