pin dope

MR ALLAN H DAY XSVM93A@prodigy.com
Wed, 07 Feb 1996 22:18:14 -0500 (EST)

I came across a small grand many (25) yrs ago where the strings were
practically hanging between the agraffes and the bridge. I asked the
customer what was done to get the piano in this condition. He
confessed that he used Prestone anti-freeze after picking the brain
of a local tuner. He managed to get around the tuner's charges but
not his wisdom. After applying the anti-freeze himself he read the
lable and noticed it had a water pump lubricant in it.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Allan Day